Sunday, June 7, 2009


Well, again it has been about a month since the last update here. But I have some good news that will probably equal more updates... Time Warner finally ran a cable line down our street, and in the next few days we will be upgraded from this dial up to full on cable high speed internet woo hoo!!! it is about time, now I will be able to get some things done.

Memorial Day weekend was funny, I felt like I needed to do something, I was very restless leading up to the weekend and I couldn't figure out why... well I guess over the last two years I've conditioned my body and soul to run on empty over that weekend with the running of the Woden Thor Medieval Festival and Joust along with my two friends Thom and Greg. I imagine it was easier here, in a completely foreign surrounding, than it would have been back home.
At any rate we did decide to go do something other than sit home for the weekend. We rented a hotel room and spent the weekend in Bangor. Walked around the down town. You'll see in the pic the girls standing infront of a bronze statue in the downtown area, I forget exactly who it is...some early politician and I want to say the name was Hamlin... but I don't remember now for sure, it really doesn't matter, It was a chance to get a pic of my girls!
We went to the mall, the girls each got a friend from the "Build a Bear Workshop" and a book from Borders... Naomi found a brand new favorite store. "Burlington Coat Factory" we spent a good amount there. and of course...we made it to Sam's Club... ya we really missed Sam's.

School finishes up for the girls here on the 11th, they are looking forward to summer vacation. Oh and Naomi's job... well it sucked pretty bad, it was out going calls to make sales and in the training they basically told her to lie to the customers, to saythings like "ya I just got my grandmother that phone and she loves it" or "my kids use that all the time" that kinda crap, It's not right and I'm glad she left. We'll find something. there is no real rush or hurry.

Yesterday we took Karen and went to visit the Aroostook State Park. a gorgeous park with lots of hiking trails, and picnic sites and some nice camping spaces to. A couple of mountains with a lake right next to them. A beautiful clear lake that the girls had fun wading around in. actually they got soaked, but that was their problem, the sky was sunny, mid 70's for a temp, perfect, we let he kids run, sat around and killed a few beer and grilled out some hot dogs and brats. Chloe got a leech on her foot while she was in the water... just a little one, she was fine with it until Karen poured some salt on it and it started to wriggle and writhe... :) I let her suffer for a minute (I'm such a good dad) then I scraped it off for her, but it was funny as hell. Packed up and got out of there just ahead of an evening thunderstorm... pretty much perfect.

Naomi got the calls last night from her friends rockin out at June Dairy Days, I know she misses June Dairy Days like I miss the Medieval Festival. We are looking at probably not making it home this summer at all, but looking at trying to make something happen around Christmas. Gives us a goal anyhow.

No comments: